After a brief but exciting return to winter training we are now required to suspend training for the next 6 or so weeks as we resume Stage 3 social restrictions. In the last week we have seen the cancellation of the previously postponed 2019/20 LAVic State Track and Field Championship and the cancellation of the LA Vic State Cross Country Championship.
Looking forward, and inline with our clubs values of family, fun and participation, we will be issuing a weekly fitness program across our social media. The program will be developed by winter training and distance running coach Brain Schepisi. Participation in the program is fully optional and is not an endorsed Little Athletics program, and therefore is not covered by LAVic insurance. All current and documented social distancing standards by the State Government must be met in undertaking this program by either an individual athlete, or an athlete with members of their immediate family.
The fitness program will be issued on Sunday of each week. Any questions or queries please contact Jason.
Little Athletics Victoria is still working through the requirements and timelines for a start to the summer athletics season with respective government and key sporting bodies. These include
- Issuing a summer season calendar
- Opening of the registration portal for the
- Identifying risks and considering the controls required
in resuming track and field athletics
While these considerations are in progress Caulfield Little Aths continues to prepare for a summer season of track and field while recognising that many moving pieces are in play and much uncertainty remains. We will communicate more when we are able to on timing and progress of these items.
During these difficult times it is important to consider our sponsors who have provided wonderful support to Caulfield Little Athletics, who may themselves be going through challenging times.
- Murrumbeena Community Bank, contact Sue 9568 8166.
- Little Green Apple, contact Lauren. www.littlegreenaplle.com.au
- South Eastern Sports Podiatry, contact Josh. www.sespodiatry.com.au
- Ormond Physiotherapy, contact 9578 6588 www.ormondphysiotherapy.com.au
- Obrien Real Estate, contact Heather 0402 008 077
- Carnegie Electrical, contact Chris 0418 311 832. www.celectrics.com.au
- Grill’d Carnegie, Koornang Road Carnegie 9569 7300
We hope you all stay safe and well during this time. Go Team Caulfield.
President Caulfield Little Athletics
0439 347 291